Friday, January 2, 2009

Scary!

On October 21, 2008, I gave my readers a list of TWISTED LINGUISTICS blasfomys and asked them to write poetry with them. I had only one taker, Bilbo, but he did a bang-up job.

People’s spelling’s gone to pot,
I don’t know how to handle this;
When words like “viddles” and “wherf” abound,
It’s nothing short of scandulous!

(And more to the point, ridiculious!)

Not any more can one still have
A pleasant conversatioin;
When words are spelled so cavalierly
All across the natioin.

It’s time to say our catacism –
Pray it long and loud;
That we avoid the cataclysm
Of the foully-spelling crowd.

So take your misspelled words away,
Submit them for proper wharehousing;
And then go back to what you do best:
Linguistically carousing.

3 comments:

Femin Susan said...

Wow, you have a great poetic heart! Keep up the great posts….. Good job!

Rick Rockhill said...

I thought I'd stop by and see what you have been up to. I'm enjoying reading through here Serena!
-Rick

Serena said...

Thanks, Femin Susan, and thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you enjoyed my motley collection of twisted poetry.:)

Hey, Rick - long time, no see. Thanks for the visit and the comment. My roving band of rogue poets will appreciate it, too.